Sunday, February 6, 2011

I’m leaving. Where? I don’t know yet - haven’t bought the ticket. But I’m leaving for good, not coming back.
I’m leaving those old mirrors too, shatter them to pieces or give them away, who cares? Toss the broken glass away like you did the golden band that I put on your finger – once it was sacred, we put our lives into it and engraved our names on it, so we’ll never forget….that special moment..a never ending eternity with no beginning and no end…a perfect circle. So we did, walked in circles until the gold got too scarred and turned into junk that both of us pawned. Walking in circles takes you Nowhere, but now I’d rather be at the place I know best than waiting for a flight that has never been scheduled. Pawned all we had. Aren’t you glad it wasn’t much?
I’m still sitting on a dusty shelf, looking at those passersby with pennies ringing in their pockets…
What a pretty doll – strange she still hasn’t found a home…

No comments:

Post a Comment